Looking at this picture (left), we see a child sheltering his sister from bombs in Syria. The picture is both beautiful and horrific. It is beautiful in that this young child is shielding his small sister from the bombs with his own body. It is horrific in that vulnerable innocents should never be subjected to this.
- Hands up if you have ever watched ‘Britain’s got talent’ (BGT). As most of you will know, BGT looks for skilled performers, especially those with a hidden talent and helps shape that talent for the bigger stage and wider world.
- Over the last few days we have been watching a political dynasty, built up over 37 years, unravelling before us. Zimbabwe. Not long after Robert Mugabe became president, my family and I moved to neighbouring Zambia where I served as a parish priest.
- If ever love, healing, forgiveness and reconciliation were needed in our world and in our lives, now is the time. We are hearing dreadful stories of thousands of Rohinja people being forced to flee from their homes in Myanmar into neighbouring Bangladesh.
- This evening we celebrate church and community enjoying each other’s company, drawn together by the gift of music. Over these days, some very talented artists are providing a wonderful programme of music, song and dance in this lovely West Somerset Village of Stogumber.
- Not long after he began working for the Black and Decker, the new Chief Executive called a meeting of his senior team. He lifted up a drill and started waving it around and asked, ‘What is the most important thing on which we have to focus? What is our main priority?’
- New beginnings. New chapters. New possibilities. Great hope. This morning, this afternoon and tomorrow morning 24 people are being ordained and launched into new ministries in this diocese.