'Alleluia! Christ is risen!' That great acclamation will be echoing around the world in countless languages as Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Lambeth Conferences – the ten yearly gatherings of bishops from across the Anglican Communion – are places of fellowship and controversy. The last Lambeth Conference, in 2008, was no exception.
- Not long after he began working for the Black and Decker, the new Chief Executive called a meeting of his senior team. He lifted up a drill and started waving it around and asked, ‘What is the most important thing on which we have to focus? What is our main priority?’
- These have been heady days for democracy. Brexit has a popular mandate and will soon have a legal basis. President Trump won the necessary number of votes in the electoral college.
- In recent weeks the Archbishop of Canterbury and Pope Francis were celebrating in Rome a relationship that was initiated by their predecessors 50 years ago and in Lund, Sweden, Lutherans and Roman Catholics (again with Pope Francis present) expressed a yearning for unity in preparation for the 500th anniversary of the Reformation due to begin in 2017.
- Looking around us today the world appears to be in turmoil. There continue to be struggles with hunger in various parts of Africa, some caused by politics and some by drought.
- The die is cast. The United Kingdom will be negotiating its way out of the EU – though, with Scotland contemplating another devolution referendum, the ‘Kingdom’ may not be ‘United’ for much longer.